A Young Girl is Left Injured After Engaging in an Accident with a NYPD Officer While Crossing the Road

It was just after 7:00 p.m. on June 10th when a NYPD officer was heading east on Hunts Point Avenue near Seneca Avenue in the Bronx and a young girl was attempting to cross the same road. Unfortunately, as the girl began making her way across, she was struck by the officer. The Daily News reported that the officer tried to swerve out of the way but was unable to do so in time.

A witness to the accident told the source that the girl was knocked to the ground, but that she remained conscious. She also said that the girl was “howling and screaming in pain” as it appeared she had suffered a leg injury. The girl was also “bleeding from the mouth.” The source says the officer was seen getting out of his vehicle and attempted to help the girl up, however, he was confronted by a crowd of people who shouted for him to not move her.

The witness told the source that the cop seemed to be “rattled” by the accident and that he was shaking. The woman also said that a nurse was later seen trying to get the crowd to step back as the girl’s mother, who the source says lives nearby, came to her aid. Witnesses say they heard the girl pleading to go home and was eventually taken by medics to Harlem Hospital.


Can I file a claim against a city in New York if a government employee causes an accident?


If you or a loved one was injured in an accident in the Bronx, NY that involved an employee of a government agency, you should seek medical aid, even if the injuries seem minor, and then contact a New York accident lawyer. In order to bring a claim against a city in New York, you are required to follow a very specific process. If you fail to follow the process according to the city’s terms, you could jeopardize your chances of recovering the compensation you believe you are entitled to.

While each city has outlined its own rules for filing a claim against it, most require you to submit notice of your injury within a specific period of time. For example, New York City requires anyone looking to file a claim against the City to notify it of an injury within 90 days of the occurrence of the incident that caused it. If you are considering filing a claim against a city in New York, USAttorneys.com wants to help you locate an accident lawyer in your area who is willing to dedicate the time your case is going to need to obtain a favorable outcome.