Please find me an Accident Attorney in San Jose California
After engaging in an auto accident in San Jose, California, there are certain steps you want to take to protect yourself and ensure you have the necessary information to get an insurance claim filed.
- Call the police and have them file a report. While it may seem obvious, many accident victims neglect to take this step. Sometimes drivers who know they were at-fault will negotiate right then and there and leave you without any of the required information that could get you the compensation you actually deserve.
- Take note of the following information from all the other motorists that were involved. This can help your insurance company as well as an accident attorney you may elect to hire in San Jose, CA.
- Driver’s license number
- Phone number
- License plate number
- Insurance company name and policy number
Now, if a pedestrian or bicyclist was involved in this accident, be sure to get their information as well. You want to know who was all involved, when it happened, and even why. These are things your insurance company might ask for and you want to have it all handy.
- Gather information from witnesses. Car crashes can be devastating matters leaving your vehicle totaled or you or a loved one suffering from traumatic injuries. You need any witness’s statements you can get so that if any other individual involved is claiming something different, you have support to back up your own claims.
- Notify your insurance carrier. Even if you weren’t at-fault, you may have benefits listed on your policy that will allow you to get some additional compensation for the injuries or damage sustained.
- Contact the DMV of California and notify them of your accident. This is a requirement if:
- Injuries were sustained
- A death occurred
- The was property damage that amounted to more than $750.00.
- Consult with one of our accident lawyers in San Jose, California.
There are so many complex laws and rules that come into effect when a car crash or other type of accident transpires. You need to be certain that you are aware of your rights, those of the other individuals involved, and what actions you can take to receive the necessary payment.
Some things to consider:
- How are you going to afford the vehicle repairs?
- Do you need medical treatment?
- Do your injuries require on-going therapy?
- Did a loved one lose their life?
- Was negligence a factor in the cause of the accident?
- Are you at-fault for the accident?
There are so many aspects you must consider after an accident and quite frankly, it might just be too much for you and your family to handle. No matter how big or small an accident claim may be, you may still be entitled to compensation necessary to cover the damages without having to come out of pocket.
Let one of our licensed and skilled San Jose, CA accident attorneys review the details of your matter and supply you with a plan of action to get what it is you deserve. And in the event you only have questions you are seeking answers to, they too can provide you with the information you need.
USAttorneys.com wants to give you with the chance to acquire legal help that truly has your best interest in mind. We will find a local attorney and get you paired up with them immediately.