Orlando, Florida is known across the nation as one of the top cities that attract tourists as it is the home to several different theme parks such as Islands of Adventure and Disney World. While these theme parks offer exciting experiences and memories that will last a lifetime, sometimes it isn’t always fun and rides. Several individuals sustain serious and even life-threatening injuries when they attend these Orlando theme parks. Some are shear accidents on part of the attending visitor while others are attributed to negligence displayed by the theme park and its staff.
If you were injured during your visit at any Orlando theme park, you are permitted to sue the theme park for damages including medical bills and pain and suffering. You will need to prove that the accident could have been prevented and that the park failed to take reasonable preventable measures to ensure the environment was safe and hazard free. This can sometimes become a challenge which is why we are here to help you.
At USAttorneys.com, we can get you connected to a local Orlando, Florida accident lawyer who will assist you in gathering all the necessary evidence that will be required to get your lawsuit filed.
Common Types of Amusement Park Accidents
- Broken or dangerous park rides. Sometimes these park rides aren’t maintained or receive proper maintenance and this can bring upon an accident.
- Those that occur on unsafe water rides.
- Slip and fall accidents. Many rides within these theme parks are near water and there are also various staged items places all throughout the parks. These can sometimes become hazards and are known to cause accidents.
- Untrained ride operators. Some of the rides found in Orlando theme parks are known to go rather fast and safety measures should always be in place. If a ride operator isn’t trained or cognizant of how to ensure the riders are safe, it can put everyone at risk of becoming injured.
If you have suffered an injury from any of the above mentioned accidents or were harmed in another way during your visit at a theme park, we would like to help you find a nearby accident lawyer in Orlando who is familiar with injury law and can begin working on your case immediately.
Common Theme Park Accidents Reported in 2016
According to the Orlando Sentinel, there have been a reported 400 incidents in Orlando theme parks since 2006. Some of them related to illness and injury and others involved injured riders who had pre-existing conditions. Some of these accidents that occurred back in 2016 are presented below.
- A visitor at Hollywood Studios reported they suffered back and leg pain and that he was lightheaded after going on Rock’ n Roller Coaster. He later underwent heart surgery.
- One visitor suffered a knee injury at while at the Surf Pool at Typhoon Lagoon.
- 2-year old Lane Graves was snatched and killed by an alligator at a beach nearby Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
The Orlando Sentinel reported that 14 people have died in Disney theme parks, some of which did suffer from pre-existing health conditions. The Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at Universal Studio’s Islands of Adventure had the highest number of reports filed and there have been 29 reports of illness or injury since the ride opened in 2010.
Involved in an accident and looking to recover compensation for your injuries?
Our accident lawyers in Orlando can help with various types of accidents, even those that may be unrelated to those that occur in theme parks. Give us a call now so we can help you retain a top of line accident lawyer in Orlando now.