Daytona Beach hosts various types of events year-round that attract many tourists from all over the country. Aside from the events that are held in Daytona, the city also features some of the most beautiful beaches. With so much traffic present both on the road and on foot in Daytona, accidents are bound to occur.
While roadway accidents are some of the most common types of incidents that tend to occur in the city, there have been a number of incidents reported on the beach as well. Below are just a few accidents that have transpired on the beach which resulted in the victims suffering serious injuries.
- In 2009, five people suffered injuries from beach driving collisions, reports the Orlando Sentinel. Of the five people who were hit, two were struck by automobiles and the three others were hit by golf carts.
- In 2006, a college student was sunbathing on the beach when she was run over by a Beach Patrol Officer. The officer, who had more than 20 years of experience on the force, was cited and the count had to pay the woman a $100,000 settlement.
Then in March 2019, five children were struck while visiting Volusia Beach after a driver crashed through a wooden barrier and entered the beach [ Source: The Daytona Beach News-Journal]. Four of the children were transported to an area hospital to receive treatment for their injuries and the fifth child, who suffered critical injuries, had to be airlifted from the accident scene.
Now, if you or a member of your family was injured in an accident that occurred in Daytona Beach, whether it was on or off the sand, you may be entitled to recover compensation for the damages suffered. Some of the damages you may be eligible to recover compensation for include:
- Pain and suffering. Whether it is physical or psychological, any pain or suffering you or a loved one experienced as a result of the accident is compensable. To find out how much you could potentially receive for it, you will want to contact a local accident attorney in Daytona Beach, FL.
- Medical expenses. If your injuries required medical treatment to be rendered, you should be compensated for the amount you spent on this or the amount you have been asked to pay.
- Lost income. If the injuries you suffered interfered with your ability to work, you have the right to demand compensation for the amount you would have received had you been able to work. It is especially important for victims who serve as the primary financial provider for their home to receive compensation for lost income so they can still afford the monthly expenses they are expected to still pay.
- Disfigurement or disability. If you suffered an injury so severe that is has caused you to become disabled or disfigured, you are entitled to recover compensation for this, and a Daytona Beach, FL accident lawyer will help you determine a fair amount to ask for upon filing your lawsuit.
Ready to connect with a Daytona Beach accident lawyer who can further explain what damages are and how much your case is worth?
If so, contact The Graham Law Group, LLC today. If another person or party is responsible for causing the accident that has now impacted your life and livelihood, the legal experts at this firm will be sure to help you hold them liable and recover the compensation you are due.
The Graham Law Group, LLC is located at:
140 South Beach Street, Ste 310,
Daytona Beach, FL 32114