Were you recently involved in a work accident in Kansas City, Kansas? Have you reported your accident to your employer yet? Did you know that the Kansas Department of Labor requires that you notify your employer about your accident within 20 calendar days from the date of the accident or injury in order to avoid having your workers’ compensation claim denied?
If you aren’t familiar with the workers’ compensation claims process and don’t feel your employer is providing you the help you need during this tough and overwhelming time, don’t worry as we have accident attorneys in the city of Kansas City, KS who will assist you. Our accident lawyers work with victims of auto accidents, product liability injuries, bicycle incidents, work-related accidents, and many other types.
While some are lucky enough to have an employer who is willing to help them throughout the recovery process and provide them with the benefits they are entitled to, this process doesn’t always go as smoothly as we would like. That is why our Kansas City, KS accident lawyers are available to help you. They can answer any questions you might have, speak to your employer on your behalf, and even demand more from their insurance company if you were severely injured and it has been determined you are permanently disabled.

Key Facts You Need to Know About Workers’ Compensation in the State of Kansas

Some important facts you should be aware of if you are an employee who was injured in Kansas City, Kansas include:

  • Employers must give the form K-WC 27-A/270-A to every employee who reports an on-the-job injury.
  • A worker may seek medical treatments from an unauthorized doctor up to a limit of $500.
  • Injured workers may receive 66.67% of their gross average weekly wages, not to exceed the maximum of 75% of the state’s average weekly wage in effect at the time of injury.

These are only some of the things you should be aware of, however, our accident lawyers in Kansas City, KS can go more in depth regarding the claims process and what it entails.

I am experiencing an issue with my workers’ compensation claim and I am an employee in the city of Kansas City, KS.

If you are having an issue with your workers’ compensation claim and need to speak with someone from the Kansas Department of Labor, the Ombudsmen Section can provide help with any of the following:

  • General information regarding workers’ compensation benefits.
  • Medical Treatment
  • Benefits that are either not being issued or not being paid on a timely basis.
  • Help resolve the issue as to why your medical benefits aren’t being paid.
  • They can help you make timely notification to your employer.
  • Provide you with information about procedures for filing for a hearing or an appeal.
  • Assistance with benefits arising from a fatal work accident.
  • Provide you with an informal dispute resolution.
  • Provide mediation assistance.

But remember, they aren’t going to provide you with legal advice and this may be what you need right about now. We understand how much of a hardship this work accident may have brought on and you shouldn’t have to wait to receive benefits you are entitled to. Therefore, give us a call so we can place you in touch with a local Kansas City, KS accident lawyer in your area now.