What resources are available to accident victims who were left disabled?
Being disabled could mean a number of different things. You might be partially disabled where you have lost some function in a part of your body or permanently disabled where a portion of your body no longer functions. A disability has the potential to change your life and that of your loved one’s as well.
If you were recently involved in an accident and it has been determined by your treating physician that the accident has caused you to become disabled, there are certain things you are going to want to do. The first thing you need to do is allow us to place you in contact with one of our accident and injury attorneys in Cambridge, MA so they can represent you and file a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf. The next thing you should consider doing is taking advantage of the various types of support systems that are available to you as a resident of the state of Massachusetts.
Resources for Disabled Accident Victims
Accidents occur in some many different ways and each ends with a different outcome. However, if you were involved in any of the following accidents and were left disabled, you may be entitled to compensation for the loss you are forced to live with.
- Car accident
- Bicycle crash
- Boating accident
- Workplace injury
- Slip and fall incident
- Truck collision
- Product liability incident
Therefore, our first resource we suggest you take advantage is the free help and valuable information our site has to offer you.
- USAttorneys.com not only provides useful information to accident victims, but we also assist in locating an accident lawyer in Cambridge, MA who is willing and able to take on your case. You need a lawyer who is going to be committed to you, place you as a top priority, and fight for a favorable outcome. Our lawyers possess these qualities and more and are determined to get you the outcome you desire.
- Information about service animals. Some disabilities, including blindness, leave victims unable to get around without help. A service animal can be a great companion to someone who has suffered a disability as a result of an accident and the Attorney General of Massachusetts provides useful information regarding these service animals.
- United Spinal Association– Provides financial assistance for those who are struggling with a disability.
- Trauma and PTSD Support Groups- This site provides you access to various support groups that cater to different types of people who were involved in an accident. For instance, if you are a female who is not only suffering from a disability but also experienced trauma, you can join the Psychotherapy Group for Female Trauma Survivors. These support groups also cater to those who live in Cambridge, MA.
And if you would like to get a free consultation scheduled with one of the Cambridge, MA accident lawyers featured on our site, give us a call and we can help you get this accomplished.