Accidents can happen anywhere and at any time. There are various types of incidents that arise, most that are unexpected. One type of incident our accident lawyers in St. Paul, Minnesota can help you with is those that occur in a health care facility.
Some of the types of health care facilities you can file a claim or lawsuit against include:
- Doctor’s Offices
- Nursing Home Facilities
- Children’s Hospitals
- Long-Term Care Facilities
While you may be uncertain whether you have a viable claim or not, it is the duty of our St. Paul accident attorneys to help determine this. And if they can establish a strong basis for you to file a complaint, they are aware of the most effective way to get this done.
Can an Accident Really Happen in a Hospital?
Unfortunately, hospitals and other health care facilities make mistakes and those lead to accidents occurring. These accidents can have those patients who are being treated suffer from harsher injuries, medical complications, and even develop conditions they weren’t suffering from before. There have even been cases where accidents have resulted in fatalities all because someone was negligent in their line of work and didn’t completely follow through with their duties and responsibilities.
How Can I File a Grievance Against a Health Care Facility in St. Paul, Minnesota?
There are various agencies across the state of Minnesota that work with these facilities to ensure they are properly administering care and abiding by all state laws. However, if your incident occurred in St. Paul and you wish to file your grievance with the appropriate agency, you can do so by mailing it to:
Office of Health Facilities Complaints
85 East Seventh Place, Suite 300
St. Paul, MN 55164-0970
The phone number to contact this agency is also provided below.
tel:1-651-215-8702 or 800-369-7994
What are a patients’ rights?
Every hospital and health care facility provide similar and differing services, however, you can expect that your rights are the same across the board. To better understand what your rights are as a patient, below are a few listed based on information provided by Regions Hospital located in St. Paul, Minnesota. Understanding your rights can help you identify when they have been violated or if they haven’t been properly addressed.
As a patient, you have the right to:
- A safe and secure environment.
- Courteous and respectful treatment- Sometimes when health care workers aren’t exercising enough care, they harm those they are coming in contact with.
- An interpreter if you are hard of hearing or cannot speak or understand English-This is important because you should be aware of what a doctor is doing and why they are doing it. If you can’t understand them, how are you expected to be aware of what is going on?
- Appropriate medical care-This means that the doctor or other treating physician should be providing you with care that is relevant to your injury. If they make a mistake and treat you for a condition you don’t have, it places you at risk of becoming harmed.
While a St. Paul accident lawyer can help you if you have been injured in a health care facility, they can also represent you in the event you are an auto accident victim, suffered from a work-related accident, or even if you sustained an injury during a boating collision.
At USAttorneys.com, we can help you find an injury lawyer in the St. Paul area now who can make the claims or complaint process much easier to deal with.