Harmed by a product you recently purchased in Lincoln, Nebraska? Did you know that you can file a complaint with Consumer Reports and may also be eligible to collect compensation for your injuries? While there are numerous products on the market that make life easier and are beneficial for everyday tasks, sometimes, things are manufactured and deemed unsafe.
For instance, the Babyhome Eat high chair is only one of the thousands of products that was identified as a potential hazard and taken off the market until the company was able properly mend the issue. According to Consumer Reports, the high chair “lacked a passive crotch restraint to prevent the child from slipping down-especially if the baby is not properly harnessed.” This hazard could cause children to become trapped between the seat and the feeding tray.
While some product hazards are quickly identified by Consumer Reports as they are always on the lookout for potential issues with products, sometimes, it takes for an individual to become injured before anyone is aware there was an issue with the item. And product hazards aren’t only found in tangible items. Even food items are sometimes taken off the shelves of stores because they may possibly contain some strain of bacteria that is known to make individuals ill.

What should I do if I was injured or became ill from the use of a product in Lincoln, NE?

Your best bet is to speak with a local Lincoln, Nebraska accident lawyer recommended on our site. While you can contact the company and report the accident, not always will your claim be treated with the respect that it deserves. And in most cases, individuals aren’t exactly sure what they can and cannot do in order to collect compensation for the injuries or hazard they have been exposed to. Our accident lawyers in Lincoln understand what actions may need to be taken and can inform you on what these might be.

How can I report an unsafe product to Consumer Reports?

Aside from hiring an injury lawyer in Lincoln, you also can file a complaint regarding the hazardous or defective product you have come into contact with. You can file a report with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and do so online. You will need the following information to compete the online report:

  • Who you are
  • The type of product
  • How you want to file your report. You can file it online, by phone, or through the mail.

If you choose to contact CPSC by telephone, you can do so by calling 800-638-2772. If you would like to mail your report in, the mailing address for CPSC is provided below:

U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
Attn: Reports
4330 East West Highway
Bethesda, MD 20814

You can also file a consumer compliant through Protect the Good Life which is a Nebraska state agency. You can click here to submit your complaint or submit it through the mail. The mailing address for this particular agency is:

Consumer Mediation Center
Attorney General’s Office
2115 State Capitol, Lincoln, NE 68509

Ready to get your free consultation scheduled with one of our reliable accident lawyers located in Lincoln, NE?

If you want your voice to be heard and your product liability claim to be taken seriously, contact one of the recommended Lincoln, Nebraska accident lawyers found on our site. And if you need assistance in choosing someone who is located nearby to you, give us a call and we will be more than happy to assist you.