Accidents presents themselves in many different ways. Sometimes we find ourselves in a car crash and other times we trip and fall over something that shouldn’t have been in the way. The point is, accidents can happen virtually anywhere and at any time and one thing you need to be aware of is how it was caused and what you can do to obtain the various forms of compensation you might be entitled to.
If you, a family member, or even a friend was involved in some sort of accident that has caused you to suffer from an injury, we want to connect you with our reputable Henderson, Nevada accident attorneys who are available to help. Accidents sometimes leave us immobile and unable to carry on with the lives we once led. This is why you are encouraged to have a Henderson accident lawyer review your matter and decide if more should be done and if you received all you should have as a result of the accident.
One type of accident that is common all throughout the U.S. are work-related accidents. And one question many individuals have is: Will my employer compensate me for time away from work due to a work accident? While answers vary based on the type of job you have, how the incident transpired, and what resulted from the accident, more than likely you are able to collect compensation for the loss of wages stemming from being unable to work.
What should I do if I was injured on-the-job in Henderson, Nevada?
When an employee in Henderson, Nevada becomes injured on the job in a work-related accident, there is a specific process the City of Henderson, NV requires you to do in order to receive worker’s compensation benefits. The steps are as follows:
- You will first need to complete the pdf-fillable C1 form and be sure you complete all fields. You will need the following information to complete this form:
- Supervisor’s name
- Supervisor’s email
You can access this form by clicking right here.
- Once you submit the pdf-fillable C1 form, you should receive the corresponding form that you will need to sign. Print a copy for your records and print another to provide your supervisor with. They will use this form for additional processing.
- Your employer should sign the completed C1 form ad you can interoffice it to Human Resources, MSC 122.
- The Human Resources and/or Safety Representatives will be touch once they have the required documentation and supply you with further information and instruction.
Once you get through the initial stages of filing a claim for worker’s compensation benefits, your employer should decide what types of coverage you qualify for. Our accident lawyers in Henderson are also available to assist with this and provide you with accurate information so you know your employer is handling your work accident claim fairly.
Now, if you find that your injuries call for you to seek medical attention, you may be required to attend one of the approved facilities. A list of the approved worker’s compensation facilities in Henderson, NV are provided below for your convenience.
- Center for Occupational Health & Wellness, 9005 S. Pecos, 702 474-0472
- Concentra Medical Center, 149 N Gibson, 702 558-6275
- Joseph W. Johnson, M.D., 106 E. Lake Mead Pkwy, 702 565-8911
- On-Site Health & Safety 866 998-2750 available to come to job-site for most injuries
Approved Worker’s Comp Facilities for After Hour Care
- Concentra Medical Center, 5850 S Polaris #100, Las Vegas 702 739-9957
Have another worker’s compensation question? Are you concerned that you might not be receiving adequate compensation for your injuries? Give us a call and let us find you an accident attorney in Henderson, Nevada to address your concerns now.