While motorcyclists and moped riders have the same rights as other motorists on the roadway, they have certain responsibilities and conditions they must follow and be aware of to ensure safety is number one.
If you are a motorcycle rider and recently engaged in an accident in North Las Vegas, our accident lawyers are able to review the details of your matter and determine what your injuries and property damage might be worth.
What conditions must motorcycle riders and drivers be aware of in North Las Vegas?
As stated on the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles site, motorcyclists should be aware that:
- They can ride in a complete traffic lane and even share the lane with another rider.
- Because motorcycles are so small, they are less visible to other drivers and may appear farther away than they really are.
- Drivers have a hard time deciphering how fast a motorcyclist is going.
- In the event you are coming up behind a motorcyclist, be sure to leave more space than you would for another car in front of you.
- Dim your headlights when approaching a motorcyclist.
- When roadway conditions are wet and slippery, be sure to leave an adequate amount of space for a motorcycle rider.
One of the reasons why so many accidents occur that involve motorcyclists is that they don’t always receive the same respect as other motorists do. When a driver isn’t on the lookout for a biker or feel they have more authority on the roadway than the biker, it can make for a more hazardous roadway.
I was injured in a motorcycle accident. What should I do?
Aside from knowing what to do to keep you and others safe on the roadway, you also should take note of some of the things you should do following an accident. One of the first things you are going to want to do is seek medical treatment. This is very important and can play a crucial role in determining what your claim is worth. Having a doctor evaluate the extent of your injuries will not only inform you on what your condition is but also help identify any underlying conditions that might be present. And sometimes, the initial visit doesn’t always determine this. Sometimes, you might be required to take another trip back especially if you are feeling pain that wasn’t there before.
In any event, the extent of your injuries is one thing your insurer is going to use when determining your settlement amount. And if you feel you weren’t adequately compensated for your injuries or are questioning your insurance company’s actions, let one of our North Las Vegas, NV accident lawyers know so they can help with your claim. Our accident attorneys in North Las Vegas understand the uncertainties that arise after an accident as well as the hurdles that might come up. Our attorneys are available to answer any questions you might have or get working on your case in the event you are ready to take on legal aid.
List of Hospitals in North Las Vegas
Now, if you live in the North Las Vegas area and are looking for a local hospital to receive treatment from, below are some located in your city.
- North Vista Hospital
- VA Hospital
- Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center
- Centennial Hills Hospital Medical Center
- Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center