Falls in Long-Term Care Facilities
Elderly individuals who are placed in nursing homes and other facilities similar to these often require consistent help with things like walking, getting in and out of bed, and going to and from one location to the next. Nursing homes are required to abide by state and federal laws that are expected to help protect those living in these facilities.
Sadly, many accidents do occur in nursing homes, including falls. Elderly individuals already make up a great deal of the fall incidents that occur in the U.S. as many of these individuals are fragile, frail, and unstable. When they aren’t provided with the appropriate help, they are at risk of falling and injuring themselves.
If your loved one sustained an injury in a fall that occurred while under the care of a healthcare worker in a nursing home facility in Nashua, New Hampshire, we want you to contact us today to get you connected with an accident and injury lawyer in Nashua. Why is it in your best interest to speak with a lawyer? Well, not only might your loved one be entitled to compensation to cover the medical expenses that have accrued from their injury, but they may be able to recover funds for the pain and suffering they have had to endure.
The fact is, when a loved one is placed in a long-term care facility, they should be provided with the care and attention they need. When the facility or the nurse who is caring for them becomes inconsistent or careless, accidents are more likely to occur. And if you are looking to hold a nursing home accountable for their wrongdoing, our Nashua, NH accident lawyers are qualified to investigate and take the necessary forms of legal action against the negligent facility.

Getting Information and Filing Complaints

Below are a few different divisions in New Hampshire’s Health and Human Services department that are able to provide you with certain types of different information depending on what you may need.
For instance, you can contact the Bureau of Elderly and Adult Services if you have a question regarding your loved one’s care. This division can be reached by calling 603-271-9203. They are located at:
129 Pleasant Street
Concord, NH 03301
If you need to mail something in, you can do so by using the following address:
Bureau of Elderly & Adult Services
Division of Community Based Care Services
NH Department of Health and Human Services
129 Pleasant Street
Concord, NH 03301
If you wish to file a complaint against a health care facility such as the nursing home your loved one is or was residing in, you can do so through the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services. You can file this complaint by mailing it in, emailing it, or calling the department. The contact information is provided below for your convenience.
NH Department of Health & Human Services
Health Facilities Licensing Unit
129 Pleasant Street
Concord, NH 03301
Telephone: (603) 271-9039
E-mail: Health Facilities Administration
If you would like to get in contact with a local accident lawyer in Nashua, NH now who can help you hold this facility accountable for your loved one’s accident, contact USAttorneys today. Our lawyers can assist with the claims process, filing a personal injury lawsuit, and even help get your complaint filed as well.