Filing an Accident Claim in San Antonio Texas
Texas is a “fault state.” What that means is that whenever an accident arises in San Antonio, the person who is found guilty of causing the accident is responsible for compensating the injured party. Now, this doesn’t exactly mean that they have to pay you out of their pockets, rather, they will need to have their insurance company provide you with adequate compensation to cover your accrued expenses. This includes bodily injuries as well as vehicle damage. Of course, you also have to consider the limits they have set as they may not have enough coverage to provide for all the damages incurred.
One way you can ensure you receive what is it you are entitled to is by having one of our skilled accident attorneys in San Antonio lead your case, starting with the claims process.
How do I file an accident claim in San Antonio?
After a crash victim files a damage claim in Texas, there are five steps that they generally go through highlighted on DMV.org.
- Case Assignment- Your case will be given to an agent at your car insurance company or the at-fault party’s insurer. The insurance company you file through is determined based on who is accountable for causing the accident.
- Meet with your claims professional- Once your claim is received, a meeting should be scheduled where you can discuss in further detail your coverage and the situation at hand.
- Your claims professional will evaluate your claim- During this step, the agent might inspect your vehicle, assess the damages, take note of any injuries and the medical care you may have required after the accident, and discuss an initial payment.
- Case resolution- This is where you will discuss and possibly receive a settlement offer or information on how your payments are going to be provided to you.
- Case Closed- Once you have received all the necessary payments for any injuries and/or damage, your case will close.
One thing our accident lawyers in San Antonio highly encourage you to do is consult with them first before accepting any offers. You want the maximum settlement amount, right? Well, our TX accident injury attorneys can assure that that is what you are receiving.
Involved in a Different Type of Accident?
Our featured accident lawyers in San Antonio specialize in various fields of accident law and help you with any type of case.
Looking for an Auto Body Shop in San Antonio?
Below are some local auto body shops Google has recognized that may be able to assist you with getting the necessary repairs your vehicle needs.
Miracle Body and Paint
6217 Grissom Rd, San Antonio, TX 78238
Atlas Body Shop
922 E Carson, San Antonio, TX 78208
Dale’s Collision Repair
1912 Broadway St, San Antonio, TX 78215
6308 San Pedro Ave, San Antonio, TX 78216
Yasmein Auto Body & Sale
7180 Grissom Rd, San Antonio, TX 78238
Northwest Paint & Body Shop
1220 Fredericksburg Rd, San Antonio, TX 78201
Eurasian Auto Repair
15327 San Pedro Ave, San Antonio, TX 78232
You don’t want to be driving a vehicle that could be placing your life at risk nor do you want to increase the severity of the damage. After getting an auto accident, you want your vehicle repaired and that can cost a significant amount of money. That is why you need an aggressive and dedicated TX accident attorney on your side who will pave the way to you getting the compensation you deserve.