Riverview, FL—If an aggressive driver was responsible for causing a motor vehicle accident in Riverview and the driver who they harmed is looking to recover compensation from them for their injuries, medical expenses, and other losses, there are a few ways they can do this. And the attorneys at The Reyes Firm would be happy to explain this.


Aggressive driving has and continues to serve as a serious issue for all drivers in the U.S. Aggressive drivers are those who “commit a combination of moving traffic offenses so as to endanger other persons or property,” according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). While some motorists engage in aggressive driving when they find themselves stuck in traffic, others do so for one or more of the following reasons:

  • They are running late.
  • They aren’t concerned with the laws and/or the safety of the other drivers that are traveling around them.
  • It is their usual behavior.


Aggressive driving also takes many forms. Some of the types of behaviors that are displayed by aggressive drivers include 1:

  • Following another vehicle too closely.
  • Making an improper or erratic lane change.
  • Driving on the shoulder of the road, on the sidewalk, or even on the median.
  • Passing when it is unsafe or illegal.
  • Failing to yield the right-of-way.
  • Speeding
  • Swerving in and out of lanes.
  • Racing
  • Making an improper turn.
  • Driving too fast for roadway conditions.


How to Hold a Driver Financially Liable After an Aggressive Driving Accident


While it only makes sense for a driver to be held financially liable for the accidents their erratic or reckless behavior causes, Florida follows no-fault laws which means the victim of an accident may need to seek compensation from their insurer before going after the at-fault driver’s carrier. In Florida, drivers are required to carry personal injury protection (PIP) insurance which usually pays up to $10,000 for injuries and lost wages, regardless of who caused the accident.

If a driver suffered an injury in an aggressive driving accident in Riverview, FL, they would generally need to file a PIP claim with their insurer first. If their damages exceed what their PIP will pay or their vehicle is in need of repairs, they can then turn to the other driver’s insurer for compensation.

Important: Accident victims do need to be aware that if they want to file a PIP claim, they need to seek medical attention within 14 days after their accident.

Should a driver run into trouble in their attempt to recover compensation from the at-fault party’s insurer, they can always discuss with a Riverview, FL car accident attorney whether they have the grounds to file a personal injury lawsuit.


Contact The Reyes Firm for Help with Recovering Compensation After a Collision in Riverview


If a driver is interested in learning more about their legal rights, has a question about the insurance claims process, or is looking to retain a Riverview, FL car accident lawyer to help them pursue the negligent party for compensation, they can contact The Reyes Firm at (833) 422-3329.


The Reyes Firm can be reached at:


3302 North Tampa Street

Tampa, Florida 33603

Phone: (833) 422-3329

Website: www.thereyesfirm.com



  1. https://www.iii.org/fact-statistic/facts-statistics-aggressive-driving
  2. https://www.fasigbrooks.com/tallahassee/