If you’re like most people, you probably still have some holiday shopping on your agenda of “Things To Do.” Whether you are purchasing for your kids or even your nieces and nephews, not only do you want to be sure the toys they desire are the ones you get, but that they are safe and hazard free. Therefore, below we provide you with a list of some of the top hazardous toys in 2017 that made it on World Against Toys Causing Harm, INC’s(W.A.T.C.H.) worst toy list.
So, if you haven’t picked up everything just yet or simply want to be sure the items you already bought are safe, continue reading to find out which toys are those you might want to avoid getting, or ones you might consider returning.
Without further adieu, here are a few of the top 10 toys that may not be the best for gift giving this holiday season.
- Brianna Babydoll- Recommended for ages 18 months and up, this baby doll comes with some removable items such as a pink ponytail holder which could lead to a child eating it and choking on it.
- Jetts Heel Wheels- These heel wheels put children at risk of falling and even sustaining a fire-related burn injury.
- Oval Xylophone- This musical instrument is recommended for children 12 months and older and the 9 ½ drumstick handle could potentially block a child’s airway as kids this young generally don’t use toy accessories in the manner they are intended for.
- Slackers Slackline Classic Series Kit- With this toy, you might be asking for trouble. While the manufacturer says the product is intended for kids ages five and up, it might be better off for adults maybe? Not only does the warning state that it is has a strangulation hazard, but children could potentially fall and break a limb.
- Spider-man Spider-drone Official Movie Addition- Although this toy is recommended for children ages 12 and up, it has spinning blades that could harm a body part. The warnings state that the spinning rotors should be kept away from hair, eyes, fingers, etc. which means it could definitely do some damage if it comes in contact with any of these body parts.
- Pull Along Pony- Recommended for kids ages 12 months and up, this toy doesn’t come with any warnings and is equipped with a 19-inch string. A long string and small baby are two things you don’t want to mix together. Babies and small children aren’t aware of the concept of circulation and sometimes wrap things around them that could potentially cut the blood flow off.
If you would like to find you what other four toys made the “worst toy list,” click here.
Accidents and Toys
Accidents involving toys aren’t uncommon, especially during the holiday times when they are being given out left and right. Between 2010 and 2015, the Consumer Product Safety Commission reported 254,200 toy-related injuries occurred. So, be sure you choose a toy that is created with your child’s age in mind and perhaps one that hasn’t made W.A.T.C.H.’s list. And if your child is involved in an accident with a dangerous toy, remember, USAttorneys.com can connect you with a Birmingham, AL accident lawyer who will help you understand how to file a personal injury claim against the responsible party.