A premise liability case arises when an individual sustains an injury in a business, at a store, and even during their stay in a hotel. Accidents can happen in many different ways. Some common types of premise liability accidents include:
- Slip and falls
- Falling objects striking you
- You are exposed to hazardous conditions
In the event you are injured in an accident while on the premise of a company or business, there are certain processes you are going to have to take in order to obtain the compensation for your injuries. It is important to understand that you might not receive compensation for your injuries right away. Personal injury cases often require a significant amount of evidence in order to prove negligence was a contributing factor that brought on the accident.
If you were visiting a business in Norfolk and were involved in an accident you believe could have been prevented, our accident lawyers in Norfolk, Virginia are the right professionals to help you. While you may think it is going to be a simple process to obtain the compensation that will cover the medical expenses you have accrued from your injuries, it isn’t. Proof is going to need to be provided and not always will insurance companies be looking out for your best interest.
Here are some ways in which our accident lawyers in Norfolk, VA can assist you.
- They are familiar with the state laws and how they apply to your claim. There are many different personal injury laws and timeframes set for you to get your claim filed. While you don’t want to miss out on receiving the compensation you are deserving of, you also should be aware of what rights you have as an injury victim in Norfolk.
- They can help out in the event the insurance company isn’t handling your claim fairly. There are many times where insurance companies act out of bad faith. However, when the insurer and the adjuster handling your claim is aware that you are being represented by an experienced Norfolk accident lawyer, they will be less inclined to improperly handle your claim.
- Our accident lawyers can prove that the business is at fault for bringing upon your injuries. Burden of proof is essential if you want to keep your claim active and if you want the outcome to be in your favor.
- A VA injury attorney will ensure you have all the evidence you need to support your case. Some important forms of proof include: witness statements, surveillance video footage, and photos of your injuries and the accident scene that were taken with your phone.
- A premise liability lawyer in Norfolk will be sure to contact the right company as many business are owed by other companies. It is important that you go after the right company to avoid prolonging benefits being paid out.
If you have been injured on someone else’s premises, USAttorneys.com will find you an accident attorney in Norfolk free of charge. We work with the best experts in the field who specialize in premise liability law. Our legal professionals are also qualified to help anyone who was involved in another type of accident including auto crashes, boating accidents, or work-related incidents.