Nursing home accidents aren’t a rare occurrence and often contribute to an elderly individual developing a life-threatening condition that leads to pain, suffering, and can even cause death. Many of these nursing home accidents arise out of neglect or inattentiveness as the healthcare workers aren’t providing their patients with the attention, care, or supervision they need. Sadly, many victims of nursing home neglect aren’t able to recoup after one accident as they were already in a fragile state.
If your loved one resides in a nursing home in Kirkland, WA and was injured in a nursing home accident, our accident lawyers in Kirkland want to help you recognize this facility for their neglect. There is a great deal of information that you are going to need to provide and a thorough investigation that will need to be conducted. Without the help our accident attorneys can offer, you risk losing your case to the facility as they have insurance and ways of protecting themselves from being sued. You are going to need a professional when going up against a nursing home and we want to be sure the professional you hire is suitable to take on the task.
The Kirkland, WA accident and injury attorneys recommended on our site are qualified, knowledgeable, and dedicated to helping you obtain an outcome that is favorable to you and your loved one who was injured.

How do I file a complaint against a nursing home facility in Kirkland, Washington?

Aside from hiring a Kirkland, Washington accident lawyer to assist you with holding the facility accountable for their actions, you can also file a complaint against the nursing home. How do you do this? We explain this in more depth below.
You can file your complaint with the Washington State Long-Term Care Ombudsman. This program advocates for those living in nursing homes, adult family homes, and assisted living facilities. Their purpose is to protect and promote the residents rights that are stipulated under federal and state law. You can contact this pprogram by calling 1-800-562-6028.
The Ombud that services the city of Kirkland is located at:
PO Box 23699 Federal Way
Washington, WA 98093
The contact person for this location in currently Jeremy Bell and he can be contacted by email or phone. His email addresses are provided below:
[email protected]
[email protected]
Although many of the residents living in nursing homes require continued care for their basic day to day routines, it doesn’t mean they lose their rights. One of their rights is to recognize the facility in which they are living in when they do something wrong, such as causing an accident to occur that results in injuries. Other ways you can help your elderly loved one exercise their voice aside from contacting the Ombudsman includes:

  • Talking directly to the staff at the facility.
  • Filing a written grievance with the facility.
  • Voice your concern at a Resident Council meeting.

Having to watch your loved one suffer and not speak up isn’t something you want to do. Call us today if your elderly loved one was injured during their stay in a nursing home or other long-term care facility and we will be sure to get you connected with the top accident lawyers in the city of Kirkland, Washington who can help you acknowledge this facility for their wrongdoing.