After getting into an accident, the last thing you want to have to deal with is trying to understand your confusing auto insurance policy to ensure your insurance carrier is handling your claim fairly. Many accident victims find their insurance company isn’t handling the claim in the manner they had hoped yet they aren’t quite sure what they can do to address the issue.
Because accidents are often devastating and even overwhelming, the best thing you can is consult with an accident lawyer in Spokane, Washington so they can inform you on all the important information you need to know.
What types of coverage does auto insurance provide? How can it help if I engage in an accident?
There are various types of coverages an auto insurance company will offer, some that are required and others that are not. There are different limits you will need to carry to ensure you are meeting Washington’s state laws. Some of the different types of coverages that can help you receive the compensation you are in need of after an accident includes:
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP)- This type of coverage will pay for injuries to the driver and other passengers present in the car.
- Collision Coverage pays for damage that your vehicle sustains in the event you collide with another car, an object, or even if your car flips over. Washington State’s Office of the Insurance Commissioner even states that this coverage protects your vehicle’s damage resulted from a pothole.
- Comprehensive Coverage– This coverage can be rather helpful during a time when your vehicle sustains damages from something other than a collision with another car or object. For instance, if an animal dents your car or a fire breaks out, this coverage will help compensate for the necessary repairs.
- Property Damage Liability– If you or someone driving your vehicle causes damage to another person’s vehicle or even their fence surrounding their property, this coverage will help pick up the slack for the amount it costs to repair it, or at least some of the bill.
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage– This type of coverage is purchased to cover injuries that you or a designated driver causes to someone else. It will also cover you and any other family members you have listed on your policy when driving someone else’s vehicle.
Understanding your insurance policy as well as the limits you have set can help you clarify whether your insurance company is providing you with adequate compensation for your accident.
However, if you checked through your policy and still have uncertainties regarding whether your insurer is handing your claim properly, let one of our accident attorneys in Spokane, Washington review the details with you. They are highly qualified in the field of accident law and handle similar cases on a constant basis. If you think your insurance company is trying to take advantage of you and provide you with less for your accident claim than you deserve, our accident lawyers in Spokane are the professionals to call.